About the Youth Leadership Academy
The 5th Annual Delaware County Youth Leadership Academy
May 6-8, 2013 at Penn State Brandywine
Applications are now being accepted
Click below to download Cover Letter & 2013 Application:
Applications are due by Friday, March 8th
The Delaware County Workforce Investment Board, the Foundation of the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce and Youth Council are proud to sponsor a Leadership Academy for Delaware County high school sophomores. This program will provide an outstanding opportunity for area 10th graders to meet and work with local business, government community and media leaders.
Our goal is to celebrate student achievement and the power of leadership, as well as to encourage Delaware County high school sophomores to become better prepared to take on future leadership opportunities. Our future depends so much on the next generation of individuals who are willing to accept the challenge.
Throughout the Academy, interactive sessions will address a variety of topics, including:
- Business Leadership
- Future Trends in Delaware County
- Working with the Media
- Non-Profit Leadership
Benefits of the Youth Leadership Academy
- Students can add Youth Leadership Academy to your resume and to college applications for scholarships and special awards.
- Students build professional relationships through networking with business, industry, government, academic and social service leaders.
- Students build personal portfolios of team projects and presentations for future job and college applications.
- In addition, students examine contingency approaches to leadership, leading in crisis, cognitive and emotive aspects of leadership, ethics and morality, followership, organizational design and leading through change.
Students interested in applying for the Youth Leadership Academy (YLA) must meet the following criteria:
- Delaware County resident
- Currently enrolled in the 10th grade
- Good academic standing
- Involved in extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated Leadership abilities
The 2013 Youth Leadership Academy (YLA) will be held at Penn State-Brandywine Campus:
- May 6th Monday -- 8:00 Am to 2:00 PM
- May 7th Tuesday -- 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- May 8th Wednesday--Noon to 5:30PM
- May 8th Wednesday--6:00PM Parent/Student Reception
Meet the alumni of 2011 - this could be YOU!
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact Suzanne Hoffman at 610-447-1433 or email her at: email@example.com.
Our thanks to the 2013 YLA Sponsors: